Happy April First Everyone!!! It’s such a beautiful Saturday morning, I hope you all get to spend some time out in the sun today! But before you do, here are some of my skin care products I recommend to help you start your glorious weekend!
Skincare is an important part of our daily routines. Have you ever caught yourself checking for fine lines, sometimes acne, or the occasional grey hair? Research has shown that women will check their reflection an average eight times a day – and will happily use the reflection from other people’s glasses and phone screens to ensure they are looking their best.
Fun Fact: Did you know that changes in your skin can sometimes signal changes in your overall health?
First and foremost being the obvious, taking care of our skin but also for anti-aging purposes, health concerns, as a prep for makeup application and so on. A healthy skincare regimen should be something you strive for and knowing what types of products you should be using is a great way to help you compile the perfect routine.
In order to get the most out of our self care, we want to make sure that we are using products that are not only effective, but working well together so our skincare routine is effective. There are certain skincare products that everyone should have in their cabinets or on their shelves to make it so they are getting the best from their routines. Keeping your skin at the top of it’s game is integral to your overall health. Suffering from dried and damaged skin will not only make you frustrated but it will age you. Utilizing these products will make it so that your skin not only looks but feels great! Here are my TOP 5 under $15 must have products in my Day and Night time skincare regimen! All of these products can be found at most drugstores/grocery stores and ulta.
Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser
My skin type is oily to normal, and as a teen I had horrible acne. Now as an adult I still struggle with the occasional pimple or black head. To help cut down on my breakouts cause by sebum build up, I use an exfoliating face scrub. This is a product that I have been using for years, and I love it! The Clean & Clean black head eraser scrub uses Salicylic Acid and it’s unique exfoliating beads to gently remove the trapped dirt, oil, and dead skin that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. Three sizes of multi-action beads allow surface exfoliation and a deep down clean. (I can’t use products with Benzoyl Peroxide because I have had really bad skin reactions to it)
After I had my son, I had stretch marks all over my stomach and sides. Bio-Oil had been recommended to me by a friend who specializes in skin care products to help combat the appearance of them. I also like to use this twice a day to help balance the skin tone on my face. This is a specialist skincare product formulated to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. Bio-Oil promotes healthy, radiant skin, is non-comedogenic, and suitable for all skin types. Clinical trials have shown that Bio‑Oil helps to improve the appearance of new or old scars, whether from surgery, accidents, burns, insect bites, scratches or conditions such as acne or chickenpox, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin, and dry skin.
For best results Bio-Oil should be applied twice daily for a minimum of three months. Apply Bio‑Oil by massaging into the skin in a circular motion until fully absorbed.
- Vitamin A: Promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal, helping to increase elasticity and improve skin’s texture and tone.
- Vitamin E: Assists in the maintenance of healthy-looking skin, protecting it from the effects of free radicals which cause skin damage and premature aging. Vitamin E also increases the moisture content of the epidermis, making the skin soft, smooth and supple.
- Calendula Oil: Has cell regenerative effects to treat sensitive, damaged or sunburned skin. It reduces inflammation and can be used to combat minor skin infections, rashes and superficial irritation.
- Lavender Oil: Known to have skin conditioning properties, lavender oil provides a calming and soothing benefit and is also a natural antiseptic.
- Rosemary Oil: Helps to invigorate and condition the skin, it also has soothing properties and mild antiseptic effects.
- Chamomile Oil: An anti-inflammatory, providing soothing and calming benefits to the skin, and is particularly beneficial for sensitive skin.
- PurCellin Oil™: Reduces the thickness of the formulation, improving smoothness and ease of application, making Bio-Oil readily absorbed by the skin. It also acts as an emollient, leaving the skin soft, smooth and supple.
Neutrogena Clear Face Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen is my go to daily sunscreen! With UVA and UVB protection this is what I use as my skins first defense from the harsh southern sun. This liquid-lotion has a light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish so skin can breathe under makeup.
- Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
- Non-comedogenic (won’t cause breakouts)
- Fragrance free
- Water-resistant (80 minutes)
Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner
Alcohol-Free Toner refreshes skin without stripping its natural moisturizers.
It is specially formulated to provide clean, refreshing toning without the harsh drying effects of alcohol. Special mild purifiers gently remove impurities and recondition skin.
Skin will feel fresh and clean—without tightness, dryness or stinging.
- Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
- Absorbs quickly
Yes to Tomatoes Detox Charcoal Paper Mask
My skin has noticeably large pores on my nose and the T-Zone of my face. I got this mask while I was browsing the makeup isle at the grocery store and decided to try it out earlier this week. I never really cared for paper masks before but after using this product my skin felt soft and silky for the first time since before I was a teenager. I feel like it pulled a lot of impurities to the surface and I was able to wash them away easily with my facial scrub. My pores on/around my nose are noticeably smaller and I can see reduced redness over all.
What is your must have skincare product?