Growing up on the West Coast, there always seemed to be an abundance of fresh fish in our house. At least once a week we would eat some kind of seafood. My favorite choice of fish is salmon, which is hard to find fresh now that I live in a land-locked state…. (missing the ocean)….. Give this mouth watering meal a try and I promise you will fall in love with salmon too!
- 2 lb Salmon, fillet
- 1 Onion or 2 medium shallots, small
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 tsp Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) cold butter cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup White wine, dry
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Arrange salmon skin-side-down, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the tops with oil. Bake uncovered at 425 for 10-15 min (depending on thickness of salmon) or until salmon is cooked through.
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/4 cup finely diced onion, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup wine and simmer over medium heat until reduced to a thick mixture (7-8 min).
- Whisk in 1/2 cup cream and as soon as it comes to a simmer, reduce to low heat and slowly whisk in the 8 Tbsp butter, one tablespoon at a time (whisking constantly).
- Add 1/4 tsp salt or to taste and remove from heat. Cover with a lid to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Plate salmon and drizzle generously with the lemon sauce, garnish with freshly chopped parsley then serve.
Don’t forget to give this dish a try with my Wine Wednesday recommendation!!